Food safety is a large concern for companies that produce or handle food in any way. Food processing plants, restaurants, bakeries and other venues must follow food safety guidelines to eliminate potential food hazards. HACCP or Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point is a management system that addresses food safety in all stages of handling from raw material, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption.
HACCP certification is an international standard that defines the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct hazard analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of critical control points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping
DeVere Company chemists are on the leading edge of cleaning and sanitization technology. DeVere has patented, and other high-technology solutions to meet all the HACCP food safety and sanitation needs of food processing facilities and more. We work with facilities to optimize cleaning in all areas of the business including processing, storage, kitchens, offices, restrooms, laundry areas and locker rooms. Our staff also offers product use, safety, and general sanitation training. In addition to chemical cleaning products, DeVere supplies and services a wide variety of dilution and dispensing equipment options.
DeVere has a complete line of food plant sanitation and meat plant sanitation cleaners and products for the food processing industry. From entryway control to food-contact surface cleaning to restroom cleaning, DeVere has every chemical product a modern food production facility needs. When your facility requires you to follow HACCP food safety requirements, trust DeVere Company to help.