May 5 may be best known as Cinco de Mayo. We hope everyone is able to visit a local restaurant to celebrate this day and tip well.
May 5 is also World Hand Hygiene Day. The World Health Organization (WHO) started this global campaign in 2009 and has advanced the mission of “hand hygiene in health care” and “support of hand hygiene improvement around the world” on this day ever since.
From The WHO:
- Appropriate hand hygiene prevents up to 50% of avoidable infections acquired during health care delivery, including those affecting the health workforce.
- Appropriate hand hygiene reduces the risk of SARS-CoV-2 – the virus that causes COVID-19 – infection among health workers.
- 1 in 3 facilities lack hand hygiene facilities at the point of care.
- Globally, out of every 100 patients, 7 in developed and 15 in developing countries will acquire at least one HAI in acute care hospitals.
- To help celebrate this day, we are releasing a new hand sanitizer stand and promoting hand soaps and sanitizers.
DeVere makes the hand sanitizers and soaps at our main production facility. All products are registered with the appropriate governmental agencies. We have never run out of stock on these key items and are the trusted brand for thousands of hospitality locations.
Be sure to place hand sanitizing units at the entrances to public buildings and just outside restroom doors. DeVere has a variety of hand sanitizer and hand soap dispensers.
See this post for more information on hand sanitizers.
DeVere makes a wide variety of hand hygiene products that are all appropriate for use on World Hand Hygiene Day (and Cinco de Mayo).
We also have QDII Sanitizing Wipes available. They are not meant for hands, but they are heavy-duty, EPA-registered to kill SARS-CoV-2, and will keep surfaces your hands touch sanitized.
DeVere is committed to your sanitation needs on World Hand Hygiene Day and every other day.